Find The Top Rhinoplasty Surgeons in North Carolina
Make An Appointment
Make an appointment today with top rhinoplasty surgeons in North Carolina.Learn More
Check Out our Medical Services
Find out about rhinoplasty surgery in North Carolina, as well as other plastic surgery services.Learn More
Meet the Doctors
Access the extensive list of plastic surgeons in North Carolina.Learn More
8 Important Facts About Rhinoplasty
If you’re considering having rhinoplasty surgery, there are some simple facts you should know. The more you know about something, the more you are prepared you’ll be for what lies ahead. Despite the fact that it may take more time to learn essential facts before arranging your treatment, you will be grateful that you did.
1. What exactly is rhinoplasty? Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, is plastic surgery of the nose. During surgery, the shape of the nose will be altered by breaking the bones of the nose and resetting them to make the nose look less wide, straighter, or wider, depending on what the individual wants.
2. The very first thing that you will need to do when thinking about getting a nose job is to find a licensed surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. You will want to schedule a meeting first to make certain that the surgeon is able to give you the results you need. The surgeon should be able to provide you with both before and after pictures to show you results of rhinoplasty surgery of former patients as well as penis enlargement surgery.
3. Ask lots of questions. There are many things you need to understand before you can even consider a nose job. You must find out the cost of the procedure – including all costs, not just the surgeon’s cost. Call ahead to find out if your insurance provider is willing to cover any costs and also, find out if the surgeon’s office allows for payment arrangements if necessary.
4. Generally, the surgery is done under light sedation, but some people prefer a general anesthesia. Surgery generally is done early in the day and the patient is able to go back home within 24 hours.
5. After surgery, you need to be prepared for your nose to be packed and gauze placed below your nose to catch any fluids. You may feel sick to your tummy for a while, from the sedation, and because of blood which may have been swallowed during the procedure. Your eyes will probably look bruised and you might have some difficulty breathing out of your mouth, since your nose is impacted. 6. After the cast is taken off, in about seven days, your nose will still be swollen but it will quickly go down within a couple of hours. It generally doesn’t hurt to have the cast removed.
7. The swelling should be almost gone in about 7 days after the removal of the cast. Within fourteen days, nearly 80% of the swelling and bruising will be gone. Throughout the next couple of months, the rest of your face will completely heal.
8. Last, but not least, you should be comfortable with your decisions. Read as much as you can about the procedure, ask lots of questions and discuss your heath concerns with your doctor. Plan to have the surgery during a period when you can get help from friends and family and can relax and recover.
Rhinoplasty surgical procedures are not to be feared. With the technology and knowledge available today, surgeons will perform a number of rhinoplasty surgeries in one day. Think about exactly what look you want and begin today to find a qualified surgeon who is able to make this thrilling change for you!